I was recently asked by a computer of all things, why I blog. So I thought I would share with you all my vision for this website and why I blog.
I am aspiring to be a comic writer. Writing a blog is a means to an end.
- It helps me develop my craft.
- It’s an outlet to meet other creative minded types.
- I like sharing resources and guides that have been shared with me or that I have come across.
- And It raises my own profile as a writer.
I know that on my site I also mention that this blog is also about my musical side which is something that I’ve been doing for over 15 years. So this site will host another aspect that I wish to share with people. The reasons;
- It encourages me to compose for new mediums out width of popular music.
- It gets me to develop my musical ability full stop.
So were do I see this blog going? Well I thought I would put some measurable targets for my career in comics. I hope to revisit these when I get to these milestones but this will shoe you were I want to go. So here we go;
- 12 months from the completion of this post I will have one finished 22 page comic of Resurrection Men available to the viewing public on this site that will be released one page at a time over the course of 22 weeks. I hope to have lettered the comic myself.
- 24 months after this blog post I hope to have at least two issues completed of Resurrection Men available to view online and maybe consider running a kickstarter where I will get the remaining two issues of the series drawn up and hopefully have people who would like to purchase a trade paperback of all four issues. I hope to have lettered my comic again but also offer my services to other creators.
- 36 months after this blog post I hope to have four issues of my comic Resurrection Men published digitally (for free through my website), have run a successful Kickstarter campaign that allows supporters of my project to be able to buy a trade paperback of the series and have started a new second series and also have enough money saved/earned through my own savings and hopefully through Kickstarter to pay for the next issue of the new series. I would also like to share my work at the London Comic Con if I’m still based in East England. The idea being that the previous Kickstarter will fund the next. I should point that I intend to finance my first series of four issues from my own savings.
So yeah there we have it. Hopefully, this will show you were I see this is going.